List of received papers now available!
- Assessing uncertainty and variability and the risk and opportunity value of information.
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment of mining geotechnical risk and risk-based design.
- Communicating geotechnical risk to different stakeholders.
- Management of mining geotechnical risk.
- Integration of geotechnical risk in mine planning and mine design processes.
This conference targets all geomechanics practitioners, consultants, researchers and mining engineers from all geomechanics disciplines in mining as well as senior executives faced with managing the business risks. The conference will address risk from geotechnical fields in mining including surface and underground rock mechanics, tailings and backfill, environmental geomechanics and mine closure.
Click here to view an article on mining geomechanical risk, written by conference chair, Associate Professor Johan Wesseloo.