This new ACG conference seeks to provide a forum for mining geomechanical practitioners around the world to improve on assessing, quantifying, communicating and managing mining geomechanical risk to maximise shareholder value.
- Assessing and quantifying uncertainty and variability.
- The risk and opportunity value of information.
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment of mining geotechnical risk.
- Safety, economic and environmental geotechnical risk acceptance levels.
- Communicating geotechnical risk to different stakeholders.
- Management of mining geotechnical risk.
- Risk assessment and risk-based design.
- Integration of geotechnical risk in mine planning and mine design processes.
This conference targets all geomechanics practitioners, consultants, researchers and mining engineers from all geomechanics disciplines in mining as well as senior executives faced with managing the business risks. The conference will address risk from geotechnical fields in mining including surface and underground rock mechanics, tailings and backfill, environmental geomechanics and mine closure.